XPO Logistics Inc. announced a slew of new advantages for drivers in its training programs, effective immediately. During the seven-week program, students receive full compensation, perks, and tuition that is covered in full.
With access to schools in approximately 30 states and the flexibility to arrange local attendance, the company's recent enhancements to student compensation and training options are designed to provide a variety of career paths.
- Comprehensive training in seven weeks: five weeks of professional classroom instruction and two weeks of on-the-job experience with a mentor in the cab
- Free tuition and a guaranteed wage paid for all 180 hours of classroom instruction and on-the-job training—a $10,000 value—plus the opportunity for paid dock work during the course of the program
- A benefits package from day one of training, including full health insurance (medical, dental, and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability, and more
- An XPO job offer for students who successfully complete the program requirements
- An accelerated compensation path for driver graduates in 85 U.S. markets
“Our recent investments in LTL training will give more students an edge in becoming highly skilled drivers. We welcome all applicants with an interest in driving for XPO as an industry leader, including our non-driver employees who want to pursue a career behind the wheel," said Josephine Berisha, XPO Logistics' Chief Human Resources Officer.
XPO annually trains about 700 student drivers and plans to increase the number of graduates in 2021. For its nationwide service center network, the company is now searching for approximately 2,000 LTL drivers and dockworkers.
When it comes to truck driving jobs, XPO Logistics stands out from the competition so drivers can have a rewarding career.